Date PublishedNovember 8, 2019
We are currently recruiting an IT Engineer to provide general and Desktop Support. We are looking for a confident and friendly individual to join our growing company. Within this role, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality customer service to our users. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 1 year experience in working within an IT Helpdesk or a similar position ideally in the financial sector.
- Provide first line support and a mix of first and second-line support
- Desktop and Server Troubleshooting
- Hardware/Software Installation and Upgrades
- Complete daily checks
- Ensure that all IT issues are dealt with promptly and escalated to the relevant person
- Be pro-active in resolving issues as they arise and pre-empting them from happening again
- Support laptops (both Windows and Macs) and mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Manage processes for new starters, leavers, staff changes and the provisioning and decommissioning of IT equipment according to agreed procedures and policies
- Ensure work is completed in line with KPI targets and defined SLAs
- Desktop troubleshooting
- Working within a Windows Server/Desktop environment.
- Ability to think strategically and to analyze issues
- Basic Networking Knowledge
- Active Directory
- Familiar with mobile operating systems (iOS, Android, Blackberry)
- Knowledge of Apple devices
- Troubleshooting ISP Internet links
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will be a graduate of an IT-related subject looking to use their skills in the field. Ideally, you will have at least 1 year experience within the IT Support Engineer/ Desktop Support environment. Excellent people skills are a must, so any experience gained in a customer-facing environment would be advantageous.